MTG Studio is Windows based MTG Deck and Collection editor with a great number of supported features. With its
intuitive interface and various capabilities MTG Studio has become a mature and professional Magic product.
MTG Studio is a fully functional try-before-buy Magic program.
You can see a feature comparison matrix of MTG Studio versus its competitors Magic Workstation, Apprentice, and MTG Online.
Magic Content - Cards, Rules, Combos, Reviews:
- Card Database for over 38 000 cards including the latest Rivals of Ixalan, Unstable, From the Vault: Transform sets.
- All (including Promos, Tokens, and packs) card images are automatically downloaded from Internet.
- Card text and rulings from Stephen D'Angelo Card Rulings, which provides the latest errata on all cards. The rulings are automatically synchronized with the current card selection.
- Full integration with fancy card rulings during navigation within decks. Card Rulings are syntax highlighted, can be printed or exported to .txt, .rtf, .html format. For those cards which do not have card rulings, automatically rulings are generated.
- Support for official Wizards of the Coast Oracle™ rules
- Over 19 000 pages of card information such as frequently asked questions, card name lexicon, card gameplay suggestions, combos, rules, Oracle rules, and Flavor texts and more.
- Support for user defined card notes
- MTG Studio comes with more than 4 460 decks - pre-constructed, championship winners and sample decks. The decks are available in 10 different file formats.
- Card prices from over 3900 online card stores!
- Over 50 500 card combos with details on how to use them.
- Read user reviews on cards - the feature requires active Internet connection.
- Help with the latest General MTG Rules, MTG Glossary, Banned-Restricted Cards list, FAQ, MTG Books on various cards and editions.
- Registered users receive personal lifetime license.
- MTG Studio is regularly updating free of additional charge its huge Magic cards database whenever new Magic sets and expansions are released.
- MTG Studio is constantly enhanced and bug fixed - and such updates are free of charge.
- We send you the registration key minutes after the purchase.
- Once you receive your registration key you can unlock your trial version. No reinstall is needed.
- You have support in the online forum or via email.
- Join a community of over 266 000 users (ever downloaded MTG Studio).
- Give your vote for the features you miss most.
- MTG Studio already has thousands of registered users.
- Multi-deck editing - allows you to edit multiple decks simultaneously
- Ability to create a deck directly from your Collection
- Filter deck by various criteria
- Deck Legality column in Cards Grid showing the card legality for 53 paper Magic and MTG Online formats
- Check Deck Legality - check a whole deck legality against chosen format. 53 Magic formats are supported
⋅ Standard, Extended, Legacy, Vintage
⋅ All Block constructed and Core set constructed
⋅ Pauper, Peasant, Highlander, Commander, Kaleidoscope, Two-Headed Giant, and Prismatic
⋅ All MTG Online formats - Vanguard, and Tribal Wars included
- Cut, Copy, Paste cards between decks
- Edit deck headers: author, creation date, authors email, deck notes, etc.
- Easy to use shortcuts for fast navigation through decks
- Most Recently Used list of decks
- Automatic bind between card and rules with help file
- Print cards selection
- Copy cards selection to clipboard
- Export cards selection to: .html, .xls (Excel spreadsheet), .xml, .txt
- An error log is provided when loading unrecognized cards found in decks
- MTG Studio support for the following Magic deck formats:
⋅ *.deck - MTG Studio deck
⋅ *.dek - MTG Online III deck
⋅ *.dec - MTG Online binary deck
⋅ *.txt - MTG Online text deck
⋅ *.mwDeck - Magic Workstation deck
⋅ *.txt - Wagic the Homebrew deck
⋅ *.dck - Online Play Table deck
⋅ *.dec - Apprentice deck
⋅ *.dck - Forge deck
⋅ *.dck - Shandalar/Duels of the Planeswalkers/Mana Link 2.0 and 3.0 deck
⋅ *.dck - Mana deck
⋅ *.mdb - Magic Suitcase deck
⋅ *.xml - OCTGN, MTG Play, and MTG Interactive Encyclopedia deck
⋅ *.tinydeck - Tiny deck
- The supported deck formats can be opened, edited, saved and used back into their original program.
- Ability to organize your collection of paper and virtual cards:
- Collections is saved in an binary file format for maximum performance with .collection extension
- Ability to filter the the collection by multiple criteria
- Rich visualization features such as: Sorting, Grouping, Total rows, Printing, Exporting to .xml, .txt, .html, .xls
- A card in your collection has the following attributes:
⋅ Quantity - how many copies of this card you have
⋅ Condition - sealed, brand new, mint, near mint, fine, good, fair, poor, misprint, signed, foreign
⋅ Foil - whether the card is foil
⋅ Notes - user defined notes
⋅ Storage - the physical location of the paper card (a bin, folder, volume, etc.)
⋅ Used - how many copies of the card have already been used in one of your decks
⋅ Needed - how many additional copies of this card you need
⋅ Buy - define whether toy buy and/or exchange this card
⋅ Buy At - specify the price you are willing to pay for a card
⋅ Sell - define whether you sell and/or exchange this card
⋅ Sell At - define a price at which you sell this card
⋅ Desired - define the amount of copies you wish to own
⋅ Price - the average price of the card from the most popular card stores
⋅ Value - the total value of all copies you have of the selected card
⋅ Group - be able to tag and and organize in groups your cards
⋅ Print Type - is your card paper, digital or a printed proxy
⋅ ... and lots more like Target, Excess, Legal, Color, Type, Rarity, Cost, PT, Text, Flavor, Artist, Power, Toughness, CMC.
- Import of collections/inventories from other Magic software packages:
⋅ Any collection in the generic CSV format
⋅ MTG Online - import your MTG Online 3 CSV collection (34 Wide Beta is also supported)
⋅ Magic Workstation - full support for importing .mwInventory collections
⋅ Magic Suitcase - full support for importing Magic Suitcase collections
⋅ Magic Assistant - import your Magic Assistant collection
⋅ Essential Magic - import your essentialmagic.com CSV collection
⋅ MTG Studio - easy upgrade of collections from previous MTG Studio versions
- Support for Booster, Starter, Tournament boxes and packs, Theme decks, and lots of Magic gear such as dice, albums, and holders
Card Price Lists:
- Support for card prices from Online stores such as:
⋅ Over 266 000 online stores
⋅ Magic Traders prices
⋅ ABU Games prices
- Calculate the total value of your collection
- Fine control over your Selling prices with the new Pick Price tools.
Magic Card Art:
- Card art is automatically downloaded from Internet from various providers
- MTG Studio can display local copy of the card art images stored on one of your drives
- Recognized card art image formats - *.jpg, *.png
- Card Preview for large Card Art images stored in multiple directories and ordered by preference
- Card Preview for images from MTG Interactive Encyclopedia
- Preview Card Art directly from www.wizards.com
- Export Card Art image to .jpg, .png image formats
- Card images are downsized (if bigger than the viewable area) using Photoshop quality bicubic algorithm and text anti-aliasing and smoothing
Search and Filter:
- Advanced user-friendly visual filtering
- Card Pool filters - All Cards, Mtg Online, Mtg Interactive Encyclopedia, Shandalar, Magic Workstation, Magic Suitcase valid cards
- Filtering by card's format, edition, legality, power, toughness, card name, rules, flavor text, artist, color, card type
- Filers by card CMC (Converted Mana Cost)
- Filters by card abilities (flying, trample, etc.)
- Filters by mana production (Ex. Filter cards which produce 1 green mana -> Birds of Paradise)
- Filters will be saved as *.flt files for later use. Filters can be reopened and edited visually
- Filter which hides the duplicated cards with the same name and leaves only the card from the latest editions
- User defined bookmarks
- Incremental search by card name - just type within the card grid to locate the needed card
- Grouping and sorting in all columns
- Abilities - cards are ordered in a tree structure by their abilities and mechanics. Over 250 abilities are supported.
- The deck editor and the help are content sensitive in both direction. You can read about a card in the documentation and quickly locate it within the cards grid and vice versa
- Mana Curves
- Mana breakdowns by card color
- Deck statistics by color, rarity, card type and edition breakdowns
- Probability analysis
- George Baxter's Mana Slot analysis
- Starting Hand Generator - tool for fast review of a really random generated starting hand
- Online Tools - Online Preview, Online Rulings, Online Judge, Online Gatherer
- Card Art Validator - unique in-build tool for validating the available card art images against the MTG Studio card database
- Online automatic check for new versions of MTG Studio
- Notepad - a simple text editor with some Magic specific capabilities such as searching fast for card names or rapid embedding of HTML tags
- Reports - you can print your deck as an official Deck Registration Sheet, Missing Cards from Set, Missing Cards in Deck from Collection, Combos from Collection
- MTG Studio runs on Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 2012, Windows 7, Windows 2008, Vista, Windows 2003, Windows XP
- MTG Studio can run in VM Ware, VM Ware Fusion, Parallels, Virtual Box
- MTG Studio can run on Mac OSX under PlayOnMac or CrossOver
- MTG Studio is 64 bit ready
- MTG Studio is having both an Installer and a portable (zero installation) version
- MTG Studio runs on Mac OS X under Parallels, Virtual Box, or VMWare Fusion and runs on Ubunty (or other Linux) under VMWare
- MTG Studio can update itself automatically
- MTG Studio can be run from USB/removable drive
- Ability to customize the short keys for any command.
- Support for Windows XP themes
- The application is fully drag-and-drop enabled and integrated with Windows Explorer
- The application is fully customizable and complies with all requirements of "Designed for Microsoft Windows" logo program.
- The program can be minimized in tray and can be password protected. The password is stored encrypted. Restoring the minimized program can be done with a single key combination.
- Anti-Boss protection - quickly hide the program in the tray and change its caption and icon to some standard software package like Internet Explorer or Word.